The Tribal Supreme Court Project – the Native American Rights Fund (NARF) and the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) – along with the National Indian Child Welfare Association (NICWA), will host a national teleconference and briefing to review the arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court in Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl.
During the call, participants will hear from a variety of individuals, legal experts, and leaders regarding the case before the Supreme Court on Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
To call in to this operated assisted call dial (877) 856-2376
Click here to RSVP in advance.
Schedule of Call
- Introductory Statements by Tribal Supreme Court Project – NARF & NCAI – and NICWA
- Statement by Chief Bill John Baker of the Cherokee Nation
- Statements by John Nichols & Shannon Jones – Legal Representation for Brown Family
- Statements by Amicus Briefs in Support
- Casey Family Programs Brief – Martin Guggenheim
- Adult Adoptees Brief – Diane Tells His Name
- History of ICWA – Terry Cross, National Indian Child Welfare Association
- Question & Answer Session for Media