Forms: Indian Child Welfare Act (MN Dept of Human Services)

NDDHS logoThe North Dakota Department of Human Services offers a variety of forms for social work professionals, tribal workers, attorneys, and others dealing with adoptions or placements involving American Indian children.  You can find the following forms (with descriptions) on their website at :

  • Summary of ICWA Jurisdictional Provisions
  • Notice Pursuant to ICWA
  • Request for Confirmation of Child’s Status as Indian
  • Notice to Secretary of U.S. Dept. of Interior Regarding an Indian Child
  • Letter from Tribal ICWA Worker
  • Letter to Clerk of Court
  • Notice of Intervention
  • Request for Transfer
  • Request for Continuance – Indian Tribe
  • Affidavit of Tribal Membership
  • Certificate of Mailing
  • Tribal Placement Preferences
  • Order for Good Cause/Record of ICWA Placement
  • Transfer Order
  • Consent to Termination of Parental Rights and Certification – Adoption of an Indian Child
  • Notice to the Secretary of the Interior or His/Her Designee of Final Decree or Order of Adoption of an Indian Child Pursuant to 25 U.S.C. § 1951
  • Social Worker Checklist
  • Face Sheet
  • Legal Face Sheet and History
  • Placement Search

Source: Indian Child Welfare Act: A Manual for North Dakota Practitioners (The manual was developed by a task force and produced by the N.D. Department of Human Services.)